Richard Hatch Photography is based in Monasterboice, County Louth. I have had an interest in all aspects of photography since childhood, with my father Liam being an award winning amateur photographer to spur this interest. After many years of fiddling and not really knowing how to get the results I wanted I decided at the birth of my daughter, that I would take this interest to a higher level.
I taught myself through extensive web and book based research and a lot of digital trial and error but attributes a lot of my skill and knowledge to my father. I have now lectured in digital photography and in photo manipulation and am passionate about sharing this knowledge…! I have also acted as an individual competition judge for some of the top camera clubs in Ireland.
I have interests in all areas of photography but specifically in Architectural, Landscape and Wedding photography. I practice Architectural Photography at a professional level and have had my work in various publications and journals from national and local newspapers to International Architectural and Construction Journals and magazines including those listed below:
- Architecture Ireland – The journal of the Royal Institute of Architects of Ireland (RIAI)
- Perspective Magazine – The Journal of the Royal Society of Ulster Architects (RSUA)
- The Architects Journal– The UK’s best-selling weekly Architecture magazine
- A10 Magazine – A monthly European Architectural journal
- Plan Magazine – A high quality monthly magazine serving Ireland’s design professionals
I have been working in an award winning architectural practice for almost 20 years and have an understanding of the processes used by architects and designers. This experience and understanding ensures that each project is executed according to the goals and brief of the client. Architects I have worked with include the following:
- McGarry Ní Éanaigh Architects – A multi-award winning design based practice located in Dublin city centre
- ODOS Architects – A multi-award winning design based practice located in Dublin city centre
- Gartland Architects – A design based practice located in Cork city
- O’Briain Beary Architects – A design based practice located in Dublin city centre specialising in hi tech medical work
- Tom Creed Architects – A design based practice based in Dublin and New York
- Lawrence and Long Architects – A design based practice based in Dublin
- Reddy Architecture – A design based practice based in Dublin
- McKevitt Architects – A design based practice based in Drogheda, County Louth.
I have various club and national certificates and awards for my work at camera club level and am a Licentiate of the Irish Photographic Federation. In 2012 I won the best Colour print and best overall image in the IPF National Print and projected Image Finals. In 2008 one of my images was selected by Magnum President, Stuart Franklin as one of 30 from 10,500 submitted to be exhibited at the annual ‘Les Recontres D’Arles Photographie’ in Arles, France.
Above all I believe my ‘religon’ is in the architecture and landscapes I photographs. The beauty of our island embraces emotions within my photographs. Like all landscape photographers I like nothing more than being alone in a quiet and empty landscape scouring a scene for a composition. My main aim like all artists is to spark one of these emotions within you the viewer…! Whatever the reaction good or bad I’m happy…!
Please feel free to browse through all my galleries and blog here on my site. Also be sure to check out my 500px gallery. Should you have any queries relating to any aspect of my site please do not hesitate to contact me.
All the best